Latest Posts

Of Sheep and Lambs

By 19:36:00 , ,

Two of our neighbour's sheep had lambs last week. I took my little brothers up to see the twins one afternoon and then the next morning took my little sister over to see them, and there was another little sheep! They all looked so white in comparison to their mothers. Even though the youngest was only a few hours old they were all following their mums around and bouncing away from me, as I tried to photograph them through the fence.



I crouched in the paddock next to theirs and their dad and older half brothers stared at me. The boys would come running up to stop about two meters away and they would under no circumstances come any closer, since I did not have any food for them.






The above three shots I took the first day when the sun was still fairly high and very bright. I decided that I really, really don't like trying to edit photos of almost white things in sunlight. The rest of the photos in this post I took on the second day in the early morning when it was cloudy, and they turned out much better, and were so much easier to make look white like they really were.

Here is one of all three lambs together, the twins are the two standing, though they are a day older they are noticeably smaller. And now as I no longer have much to say just enjoy the photos and don't die from the cuteness. 





 The one below is one of my favourites, so cute!


 Do you have a favourite, or are they all just too gorgeous? 
Have you ever seen newborn lambs?

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Aren't they just, I can often hear them bleating in the distance too.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness Clare!! How adorable! You're an incredible photographer! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah, I have had a lot of practice.

      Delete
  3. Lambkins! How cute! I got to see some baby goats last Sunday that are descended from nannies we used to own. They look very similar to these lambs and both melt my heart. I agree with you, that one picture is very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can look similar can't they,and just as cute. We once got to see some curly haired young goats, I think they were more like a week or so old then though. They were also more friendly and climbed allover us.

      Delete
  4. Nawwww! I adore baby lambs! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are just bundles of adorableness!

      Delete
  5. So cute!! Your pictures are great. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and the lovely comment, little things like that are always appreciated.

      Delete
    2. You are welcome! Your blog is lovely. And thanks for leaving a comment on mine! :)

      Delete
    3. I reply to all comments and also try to leave a comment on my followers blogs and share the joy around.

      Delete
  6. Yes, you posted the photos! Those sheep and lambs are cute, and your photos are excellent! Do you know what breed the sheep are?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks. They are dorper sheep, a kind that does not need sheering, their wool just drops off eventually.

    ReplyDelete