Liebster Award Times Two
So, quite a few weeks back I was awarded the Liebster Award, which I have got before but I decided I would do it again anyway, but before I got around to doing it I was tagged yet again and now, if you are reading this, I have obviously got around to finally doing both of them in one post.
As always the procedure to follow is:
- Link back to the person who tagged you
- Answer 11 questions
- Try To Tag 11 bloggers
- Ask them 11 questions
- Let them know you've tagged them through social media
- Have Fun
- And (in this case) answer the other 11 questions
I was tagged by both Susannah Joy from Frosted Woods Dreamer and Katie from Sparkly Ambitions.
Susannah's Questions and my answers:
1. Generally speaking, how old do you think you should be when you get married? And how old do you want to be when you get married? God's timing is best. But I think it is good to be able to be married when young. As to how old do I want to be... I suppose that would be not much older. So lets say 21.
2. What is your favourite thing about blogging? Taking photos for posts, and getting comments, and being able to connect with people from all over the world, it is really so amazing!
3. Tea, coffee, or hot chocolate? Coffee is definitely the worst. Oh wait, you meant which do I like the smell of most? That would be tea, just please don't make me drink it. Hot chocolate is okay to drink sometimes, but only when it has marshmallows floating in it because what is hot chocolate without marshmallows?
4. What is your favourite website? (Not a blog) That is a tricky one, can I say Goodreads? I go there a lot of the time to review and rate books I read. EVERY book I read gets some kind of review and ones I read ages ago usually just get ratings because I can't remember enough.
5. What's your favourite hobby? Photography, and if you say I can no longer count it as a hobby then I shall say just art in general, like sketching and photo-shopping.
But I will hope continually and will praise you yet more and more.
On the day I called, you answered me; my strength of soul you increased.
"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation." Isaiah 12:2
Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you thinks that he is wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. 1 Corinthians 3:18
Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord. 2 Corinthians 5:8
7. Do you play any instruments? Nope, nope nopety nope.
8. What's your favourite season/time of year? Autumn, which is right now! Any other time when it is not stinking hot and preferably not too cold will also do... but wearing long jackets is a plus if it is rather cold.
9. Do you have any pets or animals? Chooks and a duck. The duck is an ancient useless Muscovy duck. One of my chooks (Speckled Sussex) is also old and almost useless, I have two Australorps and three Araucana.... and all the rest of my chooks died recently from various different illnesses....
10. What do you think you'll be doing in 10 years from now? I have no idea, lets just imagine a nice possibility though. I have a fair sized photography business, and a small family of my own, and in the spare time that I no longer have I am editing a book of mine for publication. Unlikely but we can dream, right?
11. What's your favourite book to read, and what's your favourite book in the Bible to read? I almost never re-read any books..... I have re-read The Lord of the Rings, and I will do so again. I have re-read a lot of kids books, and read some to my little brothers that I read to myself when little.... but they are not really favourites. Other than LOTR I can't think of any others I have re-read at the moment, so it must be my favourite. As for the Bible, I have re-read it a lot of times. I am always reading through Psalms or Proverbs though, because one chapter from those books is a great way to start the day.
Katie's Questions and my answers:
1. What's your favourite hang out spot? It can be anywhere, from a special spot in your back yard to a nook in your bedroom. Where I am now, at my desk, it is kind of in a nook in the schoolroom. If I really want to imagine there is no one else around (impossible anywhere in this house) I get out my earphones and listen to an audio book while editing photos or something similar. Then I can just imagine I am alone. Other times I just wander around the yard, go see the chooks or go down to the big swing attached to one of the largest gum trees down the back.
2. What do you think your best day ever was? That is a hard question. I am not sure that day has come yet. Ultimately I think it will be when I see Jesus the first time... but maybe those days will only get better and better, which kinda makes this question harder to answer.
3. What's your idea of a perfect evening? Most fun evenings definitely involve watching a fun movie with my family, preferably one that I have not seen before. But sitting by the fire in winter listening to mummy read a really good chapter from the read aloud we sometimes have is also pretty much perfect.
4. Do you like Taco Bell? So I had to google what this mysterious 'Taco Bell' was, and it turns out it is a chain store/restaurant that I assume is quite common in America and there are apparently a few in Australia. But I have never heard of it before now. Infact I looked up Chain Stores in USA and got this result for Taco Bell "Leading Mexican-style quick service restaurant chain, with more than 5,800 restaurants in the US; serves tacos, burritos, signature Quesadillas, Grilled Stuft Burritos, nachos etc"
Whatever all that meant... I probably would like it, but I probably would not like it. Although I like the taste of a lot of fast food and other places like that I don't like eating it because I can't help but think of all the horrible things that are probably in the food: preservatives, colours, flavours and stuff like that.
5. What's your top 3 favourite blogs? That is a hard question, I follow a lot of different kinds of blogs.... So my favourite book review blog is Paper Fury and I follow so many photography blogs but one I read today was Eliz Alex Photography and I also follow a lot of writing blogs and some other ones for the story the writer is posting on there but my favourite story at the moment is The Firewall Saga (PG rated, a lot of violence and weirdness, but an epic story so far) And that is three, there are so many more though, but those will have to suffice.
6. Coffee or tea? Yes, let us outlaw coffee so that no one ever has to drink or smell it ever again!
7. What's a show you could binge watch all day long? The only 'show' as in tv show I watch is um.... Doctor Who and that is back with the 10th Doctor. And I really would not want to spend a whole day watching that, or any tv show really. That would be a rather wasted day.... Unless, say, I was not feeling well. Still, reading a book could be more productive, but imagining I was so sick I could not concentrate on any book... I would like to sit and watch all of the hobbit and Lord of The Rings Movies or all of the Star Wars ones, that would be rather fun.
8. How about a movie that you could literally watch over and over? I would need Captain Literally to force me to watch anything over and over. There are some movies (like the Princess Bride, Bourne, Sound of Music and others I can't think of atm) I do like watching over and over but months and months apart please.
9. Favourite nail polish colour? Like brand and colour. I don't actually ever wear nail polish....ever.
10. Time travel forward or back in time? Can I come back again? If not, I shall go back, but not back too long ago, maybe 100 years. But if I can return, then I shall go as far forward as I dare and then come back and write the most realistic dystopian book EVER!
11. If you found a genie's lamp, what would be your 3 wishes? Well I suppose I could do all those unselfish things like stop all bad things, feed everyone in the world, and make Jesus return. That is actually a kinda boring answer though, a very boring answer.
So assuming that the genie could not grant wishes for more wishes or anything that was not material... and being selfish, I would ask it for, a flying island with a giant library stocked with every book I will ever want, in the middle of some paddocks of horses. And an invisibility cloak because I have always wanted one of them and some way to fly up to my private island. Okay, I will share it with some people but they'd better not harm my books, otherwise....
Now I have to think of questions and award people. Well, I award any person to uses the word 'eyeball' in a comment and anyone else who wants a flying island or a giant library. If you don't want to do a post, just answer some of the questions in a comment.
1. What do you sort your books by? Would you sort them differently if you had enough room?
2. How many centimeters long is your hair?
3. If you had a flying island would you share it with anyone? Who?
4. Have you ever dressed up medieval?
5. What was your favourite game to play when you were little?
6. What is your favourite board game?
7. How is your flying island normally attached/anchored to earth?
8. What colour are your eyes? and what book character has eyes that colour?
9.What does your family cook on the BBQ? (and if you are American, do you know what a BBQ is?)
10. If you could bring back one item from a dream what would it be?
11. How do you tie your hair up?
So hopefully someone will answer some of them, I went to all the trouble of thinking of them. Come on, I know you want your own floating island! If you do do a post, link to it in the comments, and have fun.