Latest Posts

The Music Tag

By 15:52:00 , , ,


I figured I really must do that tag because I have now been tagged for it twice, once by Jessica and once by Bonnie, thanks both of you. I am not a highly musical person but hopefully my answers will be of some interest. 

Anyway, the rules of the tag:

1. Thank the person who tagged you.
2. Answer the questions.
3. Tag others.
4. Add you own question to the tag for your nominees to answer.
5. Include the rules in your post.



Now, the questions:

Do you play any instruments?

Yes, it is called the Camera, and sounds like "Click" goes the shutter "Click, click, click," "hey every-one, look this way, quick" Which I hope you managed to sing to the tune of Click Go the Shears. If not go back and sing it again, if you don't know the tune, WHAT YOU HAVE GOT TO BE AMERICAN or at least not a true Aussie, so go look it up.

What is your favourite music genre?

As afore mentioned I don't count myself very knowledgeable about music, but I like worship music, hymns, and sound tracks, and though I don't listen to it much every time I do I like Christian rap, and of course good old Aussie songs that my parents knew when they were little, or other Aussie classics. 

Is there a music genre you absolutely cannot stand?

Contemporary mainstream anything, the lyrics.... just no.. do people even pay attention to what they are singing?



What is your favourite way to listen to music? (CD, vinyl, MP3, radio, etc)

I am not fussed on this one, but I really enjoy taking my sister to Band occasionally and listening to the town band practicing, though it can sometimes get overly loud in that closed room! But I also like to put music on on the computer and dance with my little sister, who is two (as long as no one else is watching). Otherwise I listen to it on my tablet usually with headphones so as not to disturb anyone.

What/who are your three favourite bands/singers?

Bel Thomson, she has such beautiful music and songs for personal worship. Our family also listens to a lot of Colin Buchanan. And since you mentioned bands, then I guess I am allowed to say the local Town Band, that my sister Jane is part of.



Now for the extra questions:

Jessica's question: What do you think is the purpose of music?

I think it should be for our enjoyment and to give glory to God with. I think it can also teach us things, because of how it connects with our soul at a deeper level, and sticks around in our minds, which is why lyrics are so important. 



Bonnie's question: What is one piece of music / song that has gotten you through a really tough time?

I don't know that I would ever say I had an overly long tough time in my life, but there are days, and on those days I find myself having to sing things like Matt Redman's 10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord) or Bel Thomson's Bird's Eye View. 

And as for those I shall bestow this tag upon, they shall be my lovely musical sister Jane and my musical friend Sarah

And your extra question is: Do you have a funny story to do with playing music or band, if so please share it?


If you would like to do this tag, please go ahead 
and let me know so I can read your answers.
Or just answer some of the questions in a comment below.

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Thanks for doing the tag, Clare! I enjoyed reading your answers. :) And your answer to question one was so good - I was reading it thinking that sounds like it should be sung, and then of course I had read it again to the tune of 'Click Go the Shears.' :)

    And I'm going to check out Bel Thompson's music now - it's hard to find Australian Christian music, and I hadn't heard of her before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, for tagging me, I did enjoy doing the tag, though I had trouble thinking of things to take photos of for it. I have also met Bel Thompson in person once before at a ladies night at our church and she is just as lovely as her music.

      Delete
  2. This was awesome. Loved reading your answers, Clare! I'll have to look up Bel Thomson's Birds Eye View. :)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, oh yes do, her music is just soo good!

      Delete
  3. Ohh, I love music!! I used to be super-musical and played 3 instruments but then...I kind of fell in love with writing and decided to focus there. But I DO intend to get back to piano-ing someday at least. Also I love your music note photos.😍 THEY ARE DIVINE.
    Also I do have a funny story...mwhahah....I was playing in an orchestra (years ago!) with a bunch of homeschoolers for a christmas special, and I was over in the cello section and my sister was in the woodwind (because she's a flute). Anyway I looked over and some boy had sat next to her and she was trying to move away from him. But she scooted her chair too close to the edge of the stage so when she sat down the entire thing flipped and she went legs-in-the-air flying off the stage. IT WAS SO FUNNY I NEARLY IMPALED MYSELF ON MY CELLO LAUGHING SO HARD. (I'm horrible.) (Also the "stage" was barely a step so she was fine haha.) But like literally everyone in the room was rushing to help her, and I was just sitting there laughing like a psycho. Good times. Good times. :') (Also I think she thwacked me afterwards. Sisterly love, amirite?😂)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, Cait. That story is great, thanks for sharing! After laughing at her like that you probably deserved it though :) but I probably would have laughed too, or cried if I had missed such a wonderful photo opportunity. My sister also plays flute, and violin, and a bit of piano and guitar, it is sometimes scary how good she is, she never did anything quite that funny while performing though.

      Delete
    2. *bursts into giggles* Okay, that was seriously funny, Cait XD.

      ~ Savannah
      scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. Ooh thanks for tagging me.

    Don't worry. I have P L E N T Y of funny stories about Band and music. xD The hard part will be shortening it to something blog-post-lengthed. (Or maybe I could just skip all the other questions and solely tell random jokes and stories about band... xD)

    And now I have Click Go the Shears stuck in my head. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a lot of amusing and odd things happen at band, see if you can think of a story I don't already know, or go with some of the most amusing.

      My pleasure, I'm glad you are happy to be tagged and to have such a song now stuck in your head.

      Delete
  5. Loved this post, Clare! It was so fun reading your answers *nods*.

    ~ Savannah
    scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! Sorry, I though I had commented on this... Guess not :\ Anyway, thanks for tagging me :D

    ReplyDelete