Latest Posts

Of Beautiful Books

By 08:03:00 , , , , , , ,


I don't think to many words are necessary, so I'll just let you soak in the beautifulness of these books. And a few words I have come across, but do not belong to me.





“There is something wonderful about a book. We can pick it up. We can heft it. We can read it. We can set it down. We can think of what we have read. It does something for us. We can share great minds, great actions, and great undertakings in the pages of a book.”
~ Gordon B. Hinckley



“I opened a book and in I strode.
Now nobody can find me.
I've left my chair, my house, my road,
My town and my world behind me.
I'm wearing the cloak, I've slipped on the ring,
I've swallowed the magic potion.
I've fought with a dragon, dined with a king
And dived in a bottomless ocean.
I opened a book and made some friends.
I shared their tears and laughter
And followed their road with its bumps and bends
To the happily ever after.
I finished my book and out I came.
The cloak can no longer hide me.
My chair and my house are just the same,
But I have a book inside me.”
~ Julia Donaldson



As I get older I am always walking into things, bookstores and libraries mostly.


The only thing better than a box of new books, is a box of old books.



For every book I finish, another five get added to my TBR list.



“Because reading is one of the joys of life, and once you begin, you can't stop, and you've got so many stories to look forward to.”
~ Benedict Cumberbatch



“Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage. Otherwise you are making their destiny not brighter but darker.”
~ C.S. Lewis


If I'm ever stranded, I hope it is in a bookstore....

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Beautiful post! Especially love the poem by Julia Donaldson. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. It is a beautiful Poem, I came across it the other day and know I had to include it in a post some time.

      Delete