Latest Posts

Solve-This-Riddle Tag

By 10:20:00 , , ,

Along came another tag and I grabbed it as it passed. Sadly the rules did not manage to slip through my fingers, though they were changed a little. I like riddles, probably because I am good at them...well it's true. So thanks to Katie from Sparkly Ambitions I have been tagged. But I must begin.




Rules:

  • Copy and paste this image onto your post (well I did change it a bit and so can you.... you really do not need to keep my blog url on there, but if you want, whatever)
  • Copy and paste these rules onto your post (Well the main substance of them)
  • Thank the person who tagged you (because it is polite, but I would even if there were no rules stating such)
  • Answer the 5 riddles that are provided by the lovely person who tagged you (otherwise what would be the point)
  • Tag 5 or more bloggers (tag backs are allowed) (I did not write the previous thing in brackets)
  • Provide 5 different riddles in your post for the people you tagged (obviously, where would be the fun otherwise)
  • Comment the link to your post on each blogger's blog (ok, you have to let them know somehow)

And now for the confusing rule


  • After a week from when posting this tag, comment the answers to your riddles on your own post. (I assume this is to give time for others who are doing the tag to answer them)

So rules done and dusted posted. I shall now move on to answer some riddles.... actually not to answer them, because I am not allowed to till next week. 

1. What kind of a room has no windows or doors?
A kind of plant that I was obsessed with a while back.... and still do like very much, but I never called it by that name. EASY

The answer is: "A Mushroom"

2. Which weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?
Um please, well state the obvious. One would take up more room than the other... but a pound.... well... I have heard this one a few times before though.

The answer is: "Neither, they are the same"

3. A girl who was just learning to drive went down a one-way street in the wrong direction, but didn't break the law. 
How come?
This one got me for a minute, but then I realized.... I am going to think of trickier ones for the peoples I'm tagging.

The answer is: "She walked"

4. What occurs once in every minute, twice in every moment, yet never in a thousand years?
This is one of my favourite ones, I love this kind! It is the kind of answer the same as this riddle;


At the beginning of eternity, 
at the end of time and space.
I am the beginning of every end, 
the end of every place.

What am I?

Also one of my favourites. Can anyone answer that one in the comments below. (I will publish them whether you get it correct or not)

The answer is: "The Letter M" and the answer to mine is "the letter E"

5. What can you catch but not throw?
Since it is winter here in Australia there are a lot of these going around. Again easy.

The answer is: A cold

Ok I tag:
My sister Jane @ The Misty Mountains
Zach @ Zach's Abode
My cousin Jessica @ Inspiration she deserves this..... but I think my riddles make more sense than her latest one that I can not get, I need more clues!
Emily @ Amity
And someone who knows all the answers to the riddles I just answered and who would like to try their head at some harder ones.
And anyone who actually knows/can work out the answers to all of these following riddles. (which could be no one, but give it a go, they all have logical answers)

Now my five riddles for you (please do not cheat, if you can't work them out then so be it, not that I think any of you would, but of course there are some of these which you could not look up anywhere as I wrote them)

Riddle one: I am with you at the beginning of all weekends
But am always gone on Monday
In all words, I always am
But never in only one of them.
And definitely not found in our world

Answer: the letter S

Riddle two: Two spies want to get in an enemy's military base.In order to get in they have to give the correct countersign to the guard at the gate after he gives them the sign. So they wait hidden nearby the gate so that they will overhear the countersign from another soldier. 

One soldier comes and the guard gives the sign: "6".The soldier answers "3".The guard lets him pass. Another soldier comes.The guard says "12" and the soldier gives the answer "6".The guard lets him pass. So, the first spy goes at the gate and the guard asks says "10".The spy, sure that he knew the answer as he was, says "5". Immediately, the guard shoots him dead. 


Then the other spy, who saw that the other spy was killed when he gave the countersign, had now understood what the right answer would be, whatever the guard's sign was.So, he walks to the gate and the guard says "8".The spy gives the correct answer and the guard lets him in. What was the answer that the spy gave?

(This one is logic, not mathematical, so don't waste your time forming horrid math equations)

Answer: "5" The countersign is always the number of letters of the number that the guard gives. 

Riddle three: From house to house it goes,
A messenger small and slight
And whether it rains or snows
He sleeps outside at night

Answer: A lane, a path

Riddle four: Never was it one, but always three
Never was it three, but always one
Claiming boldly it would always be
Yet crying out it had never begun

Answer: the trinity


Riddle five: While exploring the wild highlands of Ireland, Robert was captured by goblins. Grumpy, the chief of the goblins told him he was allowed one final statement on which would hinge how he would die. If the statement he made was false, he would be boiled in water. If the statement were true, he would be fried in oil. Robert did not like either option, so he made a statement that forced the goblins to release him. What is the one statement he could make to save himself?

Answer: "You will boil me in water" Paradoxical statement! the goblins would have no choice but to set him free.

Final thoughts

When you do your post please comment the link to it below. And if anyone else feels like answering a riddle of mine feel free to comment it below, but I shall not publish comments with correct answers in them until a few days later, have fun!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I have done the blog post!

    http://mistymaiden.blogspot.com.au/2015/08/the-solve-this-riddle-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done, you obviously have some brain left! (sister joke)

      Delete
  2. I've completed this thanks! I tagged you back though. Sorry.
    http://annetteofhiddenknowledge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, but.... well ok, as long as they are not impossible ones, from books I have not read. I like logic ones!

      Delete