Latest Posts

Something Else About Me

By 12:37:00 , , ,


I enjoy drawing, particularly horses as I think they are the most beautiful animal that God created.

The horse is God's gift to mankind.  ~Arabian Proverb

Horses - if God made anything more beautiful, he kept it for himself.  ~Author Unknown

People on horses look better than they are.  People in cars look worse than they are.  ~Marya Mannes

A dog may be man's best friend, but the horse wrote history.  ~Author Unknown

I think Shading is important in drawings it makes the drawing alive and more real not just a flat, black and white outline. Shading adds shape and depth. When I draw I like/need to look at a photo or the real thing to get all the proportions right. Photos are the easiest thing to use because they don’t walk away, though the computer sometimes goes to sleep, but it only takes a few clicks to get the picture back again.

If you look at the two photos you should be able to see how the first is ok but flat, whereas the second had depth and looks more alive. Sometimes the photo I’m using doesn’t have much shadow so I exaggerate it or if it is overcast I imagine where the shadow would be. When shading I also use a softer pencil than for the rest of the picture, and shade with the side of it, then I use my finger to blend from dark to light.


You Might Also Like

0 comments