Latest Posts

Driving into the Sunset.

By 08:07:00 , ,

I didn't have my camera with me in the front of the car (I was not driving) and a most beautiful sunset blossomed and faded before my eyes so I must do what I can to describe it. 

The sunset colours are purple, blue, gold, orange, pink and black. The glob of the sun sat behind the clouds, then a crack grew in the clouds and as they parted golden light shone upwards through the gap and over the top clouds, turning their purple to golden orange. The crack showed a slither of sun and behind it swirling beams of gold, the crack had fluffy cloud edges. 

The cloud changed colour to a deep blue laced with gold wire around its edges. As we drove into the sunset trees rose up and showed their form in stark silhouettes, black against a sky of molten gold. Along the horizon other cloud piles melted into the blue grey of the sky but still stood out because of their pink bulges with soft brushes of pink in other places.

Then the sun sank into the purple hills making its daily disappearance in a most awe-inspiring way. The heavens indeed did well in declaring Gods glory last night.


Psalm 19:1-2
The heavens declare the glory of God,
    and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.
 Day to day pours out speech,
    and night to night reveals knowledge.

While driving along this song was playing.


You Might Also Like

0 comments