Latest Posts

One Year Adventure Novel

By 14:57:00 , , , , ,


I thought I should mention something I like, and that is writing and reading. I really enjoy reading books, but not over and over again. There are so many out there anyway that there is no need. I can get through them quite fast, as long as I have time to read. Each time I read a book I learn something new, go on a new adventure, struggle or journey.

I like writing poetry, not that it’s particularly wonderful but still, sometimes I just need to write. I have written over 200 poems, but that does include some really bad ones-ones that really annoy me if I am asked to say them, or are just plain bad- and ones I wrote ages ago.

I have written three, or should I say, completed three stories and started many others.  Another one I am in the middle of......well I was about a year ago, at least I think I’m in the middle of it. My younger sister likes them, and when I was writing them they seemed interesting, but now they are well ... not so much.

This year I have started to write, well I haven’t started to write, yet, an adventure novel, using the One Year Adventure Novel curriculum (OYAN). I have been structuring and outlining and other stuff like that. Hopefully by the end of the year or maybe next I will have completed it. The curriculum is really good in other ways too; I now can see and appreciate a well written book better.  But it is really!!!!! Hard work. If you thought writing was easy, forget it, it’s NOT! Another thing about OYAN is I enjoy reading all the quotes about writing, there is one per lesson.

 I do three lessons per week and a quiz. The lessons involve watching a DVD lesson, reading “The Compass” which is mostly the same as the DVD, often there will be an exert out of a book in there or I get to read a chapter of “Prisoner Of Zenda”, then I am meant to answer all the questions in, “The Map”(to outline/structure my story).

I recently made some wallpapers with some of the quotes. One of my favourites would be, “Outside a dog, a book is man’s best friend, inside a dog it’s too dark to read.” Groucho Marx. Or “There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.” William S Maugham.
 Here are the wallpapers.......


You Might Also Like

0 comments