Latest Posts

A Prudent Wife is From the LORD

By 09:00:00 , , , , , , , ,


The second half of Proverbs 19:14 says; “a prudent wife is from the LORD.”

This verse has sat amongst many others on the wall in our bathroom for years, but as I read it again the other day a thought struck me. Exactly what it a prudent wife? Well prudent has something to do with careful and um maybe wise um I didn’t really know, so I decided to look it up. Prudent is not a word we use particularly often, actually I can’t think of when I have ever used it. The definition of prudent is; acting with or showing care and thought for the future. That is a bit more than just being careful. Prudent seems to involve planning for the future as well as being careful now. 

One day I want to be from the Lord for the man God has chosen for me so knowing what prudent means is quite important. I have also looked up some synonyms for prudent. It is similar to wise, well judged, shrewd, well advised and commonsensical. I do really like that last one, I had no idea commonsensical was a word! So just a few things to think on, if you one day want to be a prudent wife who is from the Lord.

You Might Also Like

0 comments