Latest Posts

Riddles Again

By 12:18:00 , ,


I did that tag last month but got tagged back by my lovely cousin Jessica..... obviously I should have changed the rule that allowed it. But I am endeavoring to answer her odd assortment of riddles.... well mostly number 1 and 3... they are decidedly illogical...... But I have answers... of a sort. I have also edited the previous riddle tag post and written in the answers to all the riddles on it.



Rules:

  • Copy and paste this image onto your post (or maybe not this one exactly as it would no make much sense, but if you want, whatever)
  • Copy and paste these rules onto your post (Well the main substance of them)
  • Thank the person who tagged you (because it is polite, but I would even if there were no rules stating such) So by the way Jessica thanks... possibly.
  • Answer the 5 riddles that are provided by the lovely person who tagged you (otherwise what would be the point)
  • Tag 5 or more bloggers (tag backs are NOT allowed.... at least not to me, just to everyone else :D, but if you do break this rule I shall just have to answer them in the comments.....)
  • Provide 5 different riddles in your post for the people you tagged (obviously, where would be the fun otherwise)
  • Comment the link to your post on each blogger's blog (ok, you have to let them know somehow)

And now for the confusing rule


  • After a week from when posting this tag, comment the answers to your riddles on your own post. (I assume this is to give time for others who are doing the tag to answer them..... but it could possibly be up to a month before you remember, but never mind)

Now I shall answer Jessica's riddles

Riddle no. 1
My eyes do not see,
While I dig deep.
And in the eve when I rise,
I've no heart to beat.

I thought about this one a long time.... this one is so weird... did you make it up Jessica? I am going to say 'The moon' but really people could probably argue it was not..... my second best idea was a potato though a potato that digs itself into the ground and then out in the evening.......

Riddle no. 2
What does man love more than life,
Fear more than death,
Or mortal strife?
What do the poor have the rich require,
And all contented men desire?
What do misers spend and spend thrifts save,
And all men take with them to the grave?

This one did not take me too long, but as you are not meant to write the answers until at least a week later I shall write nothing more than this.

Riddle no.3
A man that is not a man,
Throws a stone that is not a stone,
At an owl that is not an owl.
What is the scenario?

This could be a lot of odd things....... It could pretty much be as described but seen in a mirror or pool of water.. Or... it could be a woman or a unic, a coward or some such thing, throwing a clod of dirt, a brick, cement, pumice, at a statue of an owl... or a picture of one... or a reflection..... or a Tawny Frogmouth, which people call an owl but is actually related to the kookaburra. Or it could be some other really obscure scenario...... I really don't know for sure what the 'real' answer is meant to be.... there are too many things that could vaguely work. 


Riddle no. 4
Eskimos of the Arctic are excellent hunters. They can catch almost anything, but they have never caught a penguin. Why?

Well I find this one obvious :D think about it....

Riddle no. 5
What herb cures all ailments?

I am not sure I have enough time to answer this last one....

And now my five riddles for those I tag

Riddle One: A man went on a trip with a fox, a goose and a sack of corn. He came upon a stream which he had to cross and found a tiny boat to use to cross the stream. He could only take himself and one other - the fox, the goose, or the corn - at a time. He could not leave the fox alone with the goose or the goose alone with the corn. How does he get all safely over the stream? A: First he takes the goose across, then goes back and gets the fox. He take the goose back on the return trip, leaves it back where it started and takes the grain across. The comes back again for the goose.

Riddle Two: A farmer in SA owns a beautiful pear tree. He supplies the fruit to a nearby grocery store. The store owner has called the farmer to see how much fruit is available for him to purchase and ask if he can pick it up in five days time. The farmer knows that the main trunk has 24 branches. Each branch has exactly 12 boughs and each bough has exactly 6 twigs. Since each twig bears one piece of fruit, how many plums will the farmer be able to deliver? A:No idea, he wasn't delivering anything and we were talking about pears not plums

Riddle Three: Why was the belt arrested? A: Because he held up the pants

Riddle Four: You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
'till you call me again A: An echo

Riddle Five: Can an English man legally marry his widow's sister? A: No because he is dead.

I tag: Jessica @ Inspirtaion
Sarah @ Novus Papilio
Sarah @ Trusting in the Lord
Julia @ Writing for His Glory
Sophie @ The Techno Maid

Have fun!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I just nominated you for the Awesome Food tag over at my blog! :)
    ~Katie@ sparklyambitions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete