Latest Posts

Almost Christmas

By 14:13:00 , ,

Well it is almost Christmas and many people are getting excited. Our home-school group got together and we made gingerbread houses, well cottages, shacks, a town and a train! I helped my sisters hold together our "cottage" and decorated it a little; mostly I took photos though and watched. 




Watching is very fun. Especially when one of the houses just won't stay up! I tried to help hold it together and it would appear to be sticking, until we let go. Eventually the whole house fell apart and the construction started again. 

Some of the icing in the kits looked so deadly (The gooey bright red, won't mention what it looks like stuff). So one of the other girls and I Made some real icing, with the icing sugar that I didn't spill on the bench or floor. It looked like snow.... sorta.... and some people seem to think of snow and snowmen at Christmas? I'm dying of heat here. Well actually I'm not. If I go outside I might, but we have the air con on so it's actually quite nice.... Until the air con makes it too cold then I shall evacuate to my room. (which is almost as hot as outside).

I must say the tiles are very fancy on this one!


The train my brothers did.

The first construction of the falling down house
The falling down ginger bread house the second turned out to be rather hard by the time it got to church on Sunday. One of it's builders (Sarah) attempted to shatter, crumble, fragment, splinter (You get the point) the house. It didn't work. I found it funny that the house that we couldn't get to stay together now refused to break. Then along comes Zach, the house didn't last much longer. Well it was still there, just all over the table and floor... It tasted good though!

Christmas is a busy, fun, exciting and sometimes sad time. It is also a time to remember, not just the birth of a baby though. It is a time to remember that our saviour came, saved us and gave us a job to do. The job of telling others of his salvation. 

Romans 8:35,37-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? .......... No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers,  nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

So we are always loved. Therefor we can never be unloved! Have a joy filled Christmas and don't forget the job our saviour has given us to do!

You Might Also Like

0 comments