Latest Posts

Spider: Hand Held Web

By 16:55:00 ,

 I don't actually mind spiders, as long as I don't have to (or nearly) touch them. This one appears to be one of those spiders that uses a 'hand held web'. I have heard about these spiders before but had never seen any until just the other day. 

Spiders are pretty interesting, but not when I come way to close to putting my hand on one.... I don't like them then. But most of the time they are interesting things to take photos of. And if they won't come out to be photographed then I poke sticks down their holes till they do! Or jiggle their webs to lure them out of their leafy cocoons. 



I think spider webs are much more unpleasant than spiders. This spider doesn't even build annoying webs! I just don't see what some people have against spiders.... snakes I understand... but spiders? Quite a fascinating creature. Besides, spiders eat flies and there are far to many files around. (I have just come back from a walk on which I was pestered by flies ahh).  

I like looking at spiders, but not touching them, and definitely not squishing them unless they are red backs, in which case they DIE a 'death by end of stick'.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Lol. *shivers* You can keep your spiders. I would take snakes over them any day and boy is that one creepy looking! :)

    HP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snakes!!! Spiders are much nicer! Not snakes they are evil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol not where we live. We only get garder snakes. :)

      HP

      Delete
    2. Ahh well in Australia it seems we have a great abundance of highly poisonous snakes.

      Delete
    3. Well in that case I will forgive your hate of anything which is snakelike in nature. :)

      Delete