Latest Posts

King Parrots in the Morning

By 10:13:00 , , , , , ,

The scent of fresh clean air is so nice. We had two mills (millilitres) of rain last night! It has been a month since we have had any at all and not much then and not much before that. All the grass and flowers and leaves were covered in tiny dew drops. The cool air breezed around. I had to go out there and enjoy it. 




Psalm 57:8
Awake, my glory!
Awake, O harp and lyre!
I will awake the dawn!


Job 38:12
“Have you commanded the morning since your days began,
and caused the dawn to know its place,


Psalm 30:5b
Joy comes with the morning.





I stood near one of our bird feeders for a while and two King Parrots flew down. King Parrots are difficult to get photos of but these two didn't notice me! They then hopped down of the fence near the bird feeder, onto the ground. Along the bottom of the fence are two rows of sandstone blocks so the birds didn't see as I knelt down and crept along. Luckily I had my camera not the one I am borrowing so I could hold it out and poke it around the corner of the blocks. I got four photos of the male King Parrot walking towards me before he got too close and realized that a person was crouched behind the funny black thing. Then he and the other flew quickly away.




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Out of the kindness of my heart (as in, me not trying to be annoying... much *casual whistling*), I shall reveal to you a certain fact. You spelled didn't as din't. Unless that is an attempt on a written accent of some sort...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for pointing that out..... But you can't say your spelling is that much better either. At least I don't have extra 'to's added in everywhere!

      Delete