Latest Posts

Give Thanks 16th - 20th

By 11:12:00 , ,

16th Thankyou God:
~ For the fact that there was nothing wrong with my teeth yesterday, at least until the dentist put disgusting, coloured and horrid tasting stuff on them. 
~That as I sit here I can hear the rain tapping on the tin roof and clinging onto the top of the chimney.  I can smell the fresh air and see the white drops falling. 
~ For being able to watch an exciting movie with my dad and mum last night
~That my chook is on the mend and is back out with the other chooks
~ That you are an awesome God
~For my nice warm and comfy bed
~And for pillows! I like pillows a lot, I have five on my bed. They are good for lying, sitting on and getting comfy with and also for whacking friends and brothers and sisters with!

17th Thankyou God:
~For the assurance that we have salvation and that nothing can separate us from your love.
~That on day you will take me to be with you in our kingdom and that I will be made perfect and be in your presence for ever.
John 10: 28
I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.
~ That you discipline us. 
Hebrews 12:6
“For the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
and chastises every son [daughter] whom he receives.”
~That one day death will be destroyed
1 Corinthians 15:55
 “O death, where is your victory?
    O death, where is your sting?”
~That you sent Christ and we can look to him as a man (and fully God) to imitate and follow in his footsteps
~ That we are Gods children and Heirs with Christ
Romans 8:17
and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.
~That we are all different and individual but one and united in Christ 

18th Thankyou God:
~ For the 40mm of rain we had yesterday and that we have had more since then
~That my chook is rather lively and seems to be getting better
~ For my cheeky little chickens, that are getting rather big and big enough to fly over the chook pen fence
~ For being able to get a few more hours of driving today, mostly in pouring rain. I really needed to do some more in rain; we have had so little that I hadn’t had much experience in it!
~For being able to sing in the car, it’s fun
~For yummy fudge and vanilla milk shakes
~For how the rain turns everything so green and makes the once dry nearly non-existent grass, grow back.


19th Thankyou God:
~That we are now over the average rain fall for this month
~That I Home School
~That I could get this week’s maths all done today. Yay no more maths this week
~For all the days of the week, even Monday, It is not as bad as some make out. And as Pollyanna would say it is another whole week till Monday again! (Yes I am aware it is not Monday today)
~For bright sunshine after days of it being overcast
~For the sound of the frogs and the rushing of water down the creek
~ For paper and pens and messy writing (they seem to all go together!)

20th Thankyou God for:
~Magical misty mornings
~Dew Spangled spider webs shimmering in the sunshine
~ New Zealand accents. I find them very amusing and have been listening to some agricultural lecture things done by a New Zealander. The only thing was that then I started talking with an accent and didn’t notice until my family was laughing at me and I’m going: “What! What did I do?” they told me so I laughed too. 
~Americans (They can also be very amusing) and how they have different names for things. (like chooks)
~Forums and things like that where you can get to know people that live in other countries
~ Computers and all the amazing things they can do
~The ability to write, draw and create that people have

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Americans (They can also be very amusing) and how they have different names for things. (like chooks)

    Chooks? The only problem is there that you say a corruption of the word "chicken"! :) Haha, I guess you can tell that I'm American. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it also works the other way around, Australians and their slang could be rather amusing for Americans too.

      Delete